Tuesday 5 August 2014

In another life

My best friend says I have made this blog a pity party. Maybe because there have been so many rants and enough venting. But that’s the whole point, no? Having a safe place to let it all out? Enough with that… I have been getting by alright. I hope you have too :-)

So today, I’ll do something different. You know how sometimes in life you wish you were something different so you could influence things towards a certain direction? This post is about that. There’s this question that’s asked in almost all managerial interviews; if you were an animal, what would you be and why? Now since you've probably thought of that, I came up with these 10 random things in life that I would be if asked to choose. 

If I were a room in the house, I’d be the bathroom. For me, they are the perfect place to reflect. It’s the place we rush to when tired, annoyed, when feeling heavy and need a quick way to relax and just be calm. It’s the one place you would never leave the house without visiting. That morning when I have no idea of what to wear, I figure out an outfit while in the shower. A bathroom is a place where people can offload that extra baggage they have in them and leave feeling refreshed and ready to face the day.

If I were a time of day, I’d be evening. Whether you've had a good day or a bad day, we all look forward to the end of the day. When the sun sets, night falls and you get to be with family (or whoever you go home to) and unwind from all the pressure, deadlines and harsh realities from work or school. Evenings are the best time to go for a walk or a run especially for people like me, who don't like waking up early. My heart rests and I don't like worrying about the next day.

If I were a day of the week, I’d be Sunday. I love the calmness and easiness that come with this day. It’s the day I get to stay indoors with a good series or book and enjoy my own company. It’s the day I get to stay home in an over-sized tee and baggy pants. I rarely leave the house on a Sunday, unless it is important.

If I were a month, I’d be January. I love new beginnings; clean slates, opportunities to put the past behind and start all over again; to right the wrongs, make resolutions and eventually break them. I love the hope and determination that comes with beginning a new year.

If I were a piece of furniture, I’d be a bed. It’s the one thing I look forward to most towards the end of the day especially if it was a long one. Even after a good day. It keeps me warm & is my zone of comfort. We have a bond. Share secrets. Our relationship is intimate and I never want to leave her in the mornings.

If I were a colour, I’d be Yellow. This happens to be my favourite colour. I find it optimistic and cheerful. It is the colour that has to be in my wedding and the living room of my home. It is warm and beautiful. It is the colour of the sun. It complements nature. Oh yellow!

If I were a body part, I’d be the eyes because there is so much beauty to see.

If I were a flower I’d be a rose. It teaches us to handle life. Enjoy the view, take in the pleasant aromas but handle with care.  Because of its thorns, it reminds me of the true reality of life; that it comes with the good and bad, the ugly and the beautiful.

If I were a place, I’d be a home. There is no place like home; the love, the peace, the serenity, the togetherness, the laughter, the food, the comfort, the freedom, the acceptance. It is the one place that I am always looking forward to going.

If I were a story, I’d be a story of faith; because my life has been about the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen.

HAPPY NEW MONTH darlings!

1 comment: