Wednesday 23 October 2013

My ideal man


1. He has to be a good cook. Not that am a lousy cook…I am great in the kitchen (so ave been told)  but I need a man who helps me out once in a while. Someone who will make me food as I keep him company in the kitchen. I hate it when a man is on the sofa, getting comfortable while am working my ass off to make him a meal.


2.He has to be a geek. I just found out am attracted to geeks, yes those nerdy men who wear spectacles, that everyone loves to peek on. (A good number of my friends think am such a blonde) I hate reading school books and sci-fi movies scare me to death. A geek is the exact opposite that would mean we have a lot more to talk about.

3.He should not talk a lot. I talk too much, so i need a man who will listen to me when i talk. I mean how would we cope if we both talked a lot? 


4. He has to hate soccer. I hate fighting with my brothers as they watch some grown men chasing after a round piece of leather. I don’t want to sacrifice good TV shows any more for football.


5. He has to be able to take care of me. By this i mean he has to be financially endowed, he doesn't have to be on the Forbes list but he also should not make taking me to java for a mug of Dawa (hot lemon and honey) such a big deal. Am a woman and where i come from its the men who pay the bills and the women use their salaries to do their hair, nails and to fuel their expensive shopping baskets. Though I wouldn't mind chipping in once in a while.


6. He has to be well read. By this I just don’t mean a man who went to school . I mean a man who is up to date with the happenings of this world. Am behind on some of this things so i need a man who can inform me as i caress his ego. A man when the president invites us for dinner he wont keep quiet the whole time.


7. A man with taste for the fine things in life. By this i mean a man who is not stingy. A man who does not think that money was meant to stay in the bank. A man with the taste for fine things in life is a man who is not afraid to spend his money on his woman or himself. A man who appreciates good scents , fine dinning but at the same time is able to make investments for the future.


8. A well groomed man.By well groomed i don’t mean having a manicure and a pedicure every week, i just mean that I don’t want a man whose socks smell worse than the garbage truck. I need a man who is able to take care of himself, who has a sense of style and who knows when its time to visit the barber. A man who when i walk around town town with him i don’t have to walk at least three steps ahead so that it doesn't look like we are together, i need a man who i can gladly hold his hand without wanting the ground to swallow me.


9. A gentle man. By this i mean a man who will let me enter the matatu before him, or he will push those annoying women with huge handbags away so that i can enter. A man who will open doors for me, a man who will make me feel like the most special woman in the world, a man who will make me smile when i think of him . A man who will understand that in a relationship it just not about him, its about us.


10. Finally i need a man who has his act together, by this i mean confidence and a man whose insecurities are relevant not trashy. A man who will accept he has a woman like me ( am pretty, but do i say ) in his life and will not yell at every man who takes a glance at me or blame me when they look at me.


But then again, Perfect men don’t exist. Appreciate what you have and turn it into what you want.

3 comments:

  1. well, i hope u find a man who is not too rigid to be molded into what you want

    ReplyDelete
  2. A longtime post but it has just been scanned with my eyes. The man you are talking about is Jesus. So, shemeji, tell us if you are still looking to meet Jesus in the street of Thika....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A longtime post but it has just been scanned with my eyes. The man you are talking about is Jesus. So, shemeji, tell us if you are still looking to meet Jesus in the street of Thika....

    ReplyDelete