Wednesday 16 December 2015

2015 Musings

Oh, hello ☺

I know it's been forever you guys but lemme try explain. See, here's the thing. This blog has been my safe haven. Where I come to vent and unwind when am having a rough patch. Yeah? But this year, 2015 has been nothing of that. It's been the best year yet! I kid you not. 

If I were to tell you guys of how good this year has been good to me, how God has had my back and been nothing but faithful, I'd go on and on. I don't want to bore you with any of that especially if you don't share the same sentiments as I about the year. 

I'll just highlight a few memorable things. But before I do that, is it Christmas yet? I mean, why doesn't this holiday feeling go round all year? I am happy and grateful for quite a number of things. Quite frankly guys, I cannot wait for next year! I can't wait to see new opportunities come by and doors open! 

I graduated! 
This by far was the happiest day! And having accomplished this with my friends made it even better. You know, we went through all this things together while in school, it was just the perfect climax, celebrating that day together. I remember when we were taking photos one of my friend was elated, her lips were twitching from all the smiling.. 

Am gonna be an Aunty! 
Yes. One of the things that has me looking forward to next year is holding my niece but most of all, I can't wait to see my brother with her. Yes I know he's going to be a father and all, but seeing is believing. I can't wait to see her face, see who she takes after, watch her sleep.. Yes, I know - I should get my own! But until then, I'm gonna marvel at this one. 

I went Natural ☺
Thing is, when I cut my hair, I wasn't sure what to do with it yet. It's just an impulsive decision I made and cut it overnight because I didn't want to change my mind in the morning. But now, I look back and it's the best decision I made! I have learnt my hair, how to care for it, it's needs, I now understand my hair better and I have grown to love my hair. 

I have grown! 
I have learnt to let go of things that aren't worth it. I have learnt what being single and happy means. I have known who is there for me no matter how rough it gets. I have appreciated my family more and more, everything begins and ends with my brothers and parents! I have learnt to forgive. I have learnt to not worry about things I cannot control. I have learnt to compromise. I have learnt to take a day at a time and to enjoy the little things in life. 

I got to travel! 
It would be ridiculous to leave this out especially because my brother thinks that nowadays my sentences begin with "You know in Dar.." but yeah, that place is beautiful and peaceful. Guys there are very cultured, their food is impeccable and they sure do know how to throw a party! I could write paragraphs about my little stay there but I'll just put it in seven words - I had the time of my life. 

I hope you had an amazing year too!
Make merry this Holidays, don't drink and drive!
Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment